Topics Topics Edit Profile Profile Help/Instructions Help Member List Member List  
Search Last 1|3|7 Days Search Search Tree View Tree View  

Fraud, Reporting Fraud, and Cheating ...
humax ir-ace pin
Social-Security-Disability-Forum » Fraud, Reporting Fraud, and Cheating to Get Benefits  

Thread Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
  Start New Thread        
humax ir-ace pin

humax ir-ace pin
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

caesar saviano

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)humax ir-ace pin

Posted on Wednesday, August 22, 2001 - 9:41 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I came in contact with a person who is drawing disability payments while working under the table. He is working regularly as a painter and taking only cash in order to collect disability payments. I'm not sure if he is collecting from social security or some other government program. He lives in Roanoke, VA. Do you think I should report this or not? if so, to who?

Paul McChesney (Admin)

Rating: 
Votes: 1 (Vote!)humax ir-ace pin

Posted on Wednesday, September 26, 2001 - 1:02 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

You can try telling the local Social Security office. Often, they won't do much. That is one of the reasons the program is getting a bad reputation, unfortunately.

Anonymous

Posted on Friday, February 23, 2001 - 6:34 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

If someone on SS Disability accepts rent from someone living at their home and does NOT document the rent received as income, how severe is this penalty and how could someone turn them in?
*Note: the rent was received by the disabled person in the form of cash, so there is no printed documentation or receipt... only 5+ witnesses.

Paul McChesney

Posted on Friday, February 23, 2001 - 8:38 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

There is no penalty, so long as the individual is not working, so long as the check he or she is getting is a social security check of any sort - disability, retirement, or survivor's, and so long as the individual's income was not earned - that is, was not reportable as wages or self employment income. I am frankly not sure whether rent should be counted as self employment income. If the person performs substantial services for his tenant perhaps it might be.

Social Security is based on the amount of earnings paid in, not on income while working.

There is another program, SSI, which pays money only if the individual has a certain level of income and resources. Failure to report rental income by someone who is drawing SSI would be improper, and perhaps a crime if done intentionally.

You may report any offense by reporting it to your local Social Security office.

mr cunningham

Posted on Wednesday, April 17, 2002 - 9:08 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I Live beside a man that is disable has done damage to my property and is working under the table who can i contact.

Paul McChesney (Admin)

Posted on Friday, April 19, 2002 - 4:47 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

The local Social Security office for starters, though it is suprisingly hard to get them to do anything. Be persistent. And be sure of your facts, in order to avoid liability for slander.

Paul McChesney (Admin)

Rating: 

Posted on Sunday, February 29, 2004 - 8:37 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Q. by Ms. Payton: My ex-husband recieves ss.benefits for disability.
Our 10 year recieves funds also, because of his disability. I would like to know how does he keep them? My ex-husband was in Cook County Jail from 1-3-04 thru 1-27-04, charged with Posession of a
Controll substance. Very month between the 21 day and the 2 of a new month he's in the hospital. He recieves better medical treatment than the elderly.
I would like to know how? No this is not your concern, but he constantly lies to the court tries his best to keep me in court over a "fathers visitation right"s. He spends the taxepayers money well. Including mine!

Ms. Payton, the Social Security Act is sloppy in this way: If you otherwise qualify, it pays benefits regardless of whether you contributed to your present disability by overeating, eating the wrong things, not getting exercise, not getting education, or destroying your body or mind with drugs, including alcohol and tobacco.

There is a potential basis for refusing benefits if you fail to follow your doctor's prescribed treatment.

There have been a couple of reforms that further restrict those who can get benefits. For example, you cannot get benefits for a disability created or aggravated because you were committing a felony or because you were in jail or prison for committing a felony. You cannot get benefits while you are in jail for conviction of a felony. You cannot get benefits if the reason you are disabled is that you are constantly or periodically intoxicated by drugs including alcohol.

Theoretically you can get benefits if you are still disabled once the short term effects of intoxication end, but as a practical matter in my experience you need to be permanently damaged, and you need to become sober, before you can get disability based on the damage you have done to yourself; short term psychosis will not do.

There are a number of people who are genuinely disabled for reasons they are not responsible for, that descend into a lifestyle of dissipation only after, and perhaps because of, disability.

If you are a reasoning person, or a spiritual person, the hell that you descend into by destroying yourself in these ways is a sufficient disincentive to such choices.

But there are people who do not live by reason or the spirit, and if they destroy themselves, they are often rewarded by getting SSI, disability benefits, and medical benefits.

And there are people who claim to be disabled and act the part until they fool enough people to get benefits, sometimes fooling even themselves in the process.

And there are a very few who cheerfully destroy themselves, encouraged by the reward of disability benefits at the end of the process.

And once you start getting benefits, real review of your condition and entitlement is rare.

I would change a lot of things about the disability program if I were running things, and I am sure you would, too. One problem is that the people who create the rules are too far away from the people who get benefits. And each person cares intensely about his benefits, but no one cares quite that much about each small loss to the nation.

If a person is drawing benefits but is not truly disabled, you can report him and occasionally something will be done. If you are not truly disabled, or if you could by some effort and without too much suffering become employable, you should do so. I am not sure what to do about those people who have dissipated themselves into disability. What should we do about that, if the cause is alcoholism, if the person has now stopped drinking and repents? What if the cause is eating in an unhealthy way?

In short, the Social Security disability system is over inclusive; it allows benefits to people it should not. This aspect of the system needs to be improved in many ways.

But at the same time, the system is also under inclusive, denying benefits to many people who have worked hard, paid in a lot, and cannot get benefits after having worn out their bodies working for you and for me. This aspect needs to be improved, too.

I have not said anything about who gets what medical care. That problem is worse than the benefit problem; ask me again and I will go on and on about that, too.

mae payton

Posted on Monday, February 23, 2004 - 12:54 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

My ex-husband recieves ss.benefits for disability.
Our 10 year recieves funds also, because of his disability. I would like to know how does he keep them? My ex-husband was in Cook County Jail from 1-3-04 thru 1-27-04, charged with Posession of a
Controll substance. Very month between the 21 day and the 2 of a new month he's in the hospital. He recieves better medical treatment than the elderly.
I would like to know how? No this is not your concern, but he constantly lies to the court tries his best to keep me in court over a "fathers visitation right"s. He spends the taxepayers money well. Including mine!

Paul McChesney (Admin)

Posted on Thursday, February 26, 2004 - 6:53 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Ms. Payton, the Social Security Act is sloppy in this way: If you otherwise qualify, it pays benefits regardless of whether you contributed to your present disability by doing things like overeating, eating the wrong things, not getting exercise, not getting education, or destroying your body or mind with drugs, including alcohol and tobacco.

There is a potential basis for refusing benefits if you fail to follow your doctor's prescribed treatment.

There have been a couple of recent reforms. For example, you cannot get benefits for a disability created or aggravated because you were committing a felony or because you were in jail or prison for committing a felony. You cannot get benefits while you are in jail for conviction of a felony. You cannot get benefits if the reason you are disabled is that you are constantly or periodically intoxicated by drugs including alcohol.

Theoretically you can get benefits if you are still disabled once the short term effects of intoxication are ended, but as a practical matter in my experience you need to be permanently damaged before you can get disability based on the damage you have done to yourself; short term psychosis will not do.

There are a number of people who are genuinely disabled for reasons they are not responsible for, that descend into a lifestyle of dissipation only after, and perhaps because of, disability.

If you are a reasoning person, or a spiritual person, the hell that you get into by destroying yourself in this way is a sufficient disincentive so that you would not try to get benefits by dissipating yourself.

But there are perhaps more people out there who do not live by reason or the spirit, and if they destroy themselves, they are often rewarded by getting SSI, disability benefits, and medical benefits.

And once you get on, real review of your condition and entitlement is rare.

I would change a lot of this if I were running things, and I am sure you would, too.

Steve
Unregistered guest

Posted on Friday, August 27, 2004 - 5:56 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

What do I do if I believe someone is collecting s9ocail security fradgalentlty

Paul McChesney (Admin)
Board Administrator
Username: Admin

Post Number: 843

Posted on Wednesday, September 15, 2004 - 7:44 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

You can report them to the local office. Be sure you are right, of course.

concern
Unregistered guest

Posted on Monday, December 20, 2004 - 2:56 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I know someone who draws disability and he sales CD's, that he has downloaded from internet out of his home. Should i report this?

Paul McChesney (Admin)
Board Administrator

Post Number: 941

Posted on Friday, December 31, 2004 - 6:11 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Well, that depends. If you mean that he is doing something illegal, that is ripping music and selling it without a copyright, and you are asking whether you should report that, I suppose we all have a duty to report crime. This is a federal crime, and I am not sure who you report that to, but you could start by talking to your local sheriff or police.

If you mean that you think that, legal or not, he is making money and therefor is not disabled, that also could be reported, to the local Social Security office. There are rules for how much money you can make under certain circumstances; they are set out elsewhere on this site. If he is making more than allowed under these rules, his check is supposed to be stopped.

Make sure you are right, of course!

Dusty Mattingly (Unregistered Guest)
Unregistered guest

Posted on Tuesday, February 15, 2005 - 2:26 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

My aunt gets social security disability and has nothing wrong with her. She fails to report money she has coming on a regular basis. She is a hypocondriactand goes to the doctors sometimes two or three tomes a week. She has a prescription plan were she only pays one dollar for any kind of meds. some one needs to stop people like this. they are breaking the law and should be stopped

Paul McChesney (Admin)
Board Administrator

Post Number: 1023

Posted on Saturday, February 19, 2005 - 9:27 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Right.

Anonymous

Posted on Monday, March 07, 2005 - 8:20 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I know this guy that draws social security disability snd he volunteers as a duty police officer. He run a tractor on the sided that he bush hogs fields with to make money. He only takes cash He has bluided his own house that most working poeple could not bluild if working 2 Jobs. How can you report this because every one know what he does but nothing is every done?

joanie (Unregistered Guest)
Unregistered guest

Posted on Tuesday, April 26, 2005 - 9:35 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

i work with this guy that he recivies disability and medicade all kinds of government help & he works under the table, where can i report this, he is always bragging about how he gets away with these things , that really upsets me

Henry G. (Unregistered Guest)
Unregistered guest

Posted on Saturday, June 04, 2005 - 5:16 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

This is in response to the post about the hypochondriac who was drawing disability benefits.

In the listing of mental disorders, one can qualify as meeting a list for a somatoform disorder, if it is severe enough.

It would be interesting to know if that recipient of disability benefits was actually approved on the basis of a somatoform disorder or for a disorder she actually did not have.

LH (Unregistered Guest)
Unregistered guest

Posted on Sunday, June 19, 2005 - 11:19 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

My 13 yr-old son's father has received SSI for 14 years. I understand we cannot get any social security or child support benefit from him. But he is not disabled-- he holds long-term volunteer positions and has frequently worked "under the table." I have heard and seen him lie about his "disability" in evaluation interviews. I have reported all of the above to the Social Security Administration with documentation, but there appears to be no change in him receiving SSI. He just doesn't want to work and has been scamming the system for 14 years, and as a result, I have never been able to get financial support for our son. What now?

Paul McChesney (Admin)
Board Administrator

Post Number: 1255

Posted on Monday, July 04, 2005 - 8:37 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

LH: I guess you can try the Family Court in your state, and you can try the newspaper and such. I wish that these folks who cannot balance the budget would get to work on these guys.

Paul McChesney (Admin)
Board Administrator

Post Number: 1331

Posted on Friday, July 15, 2005 - 11:59 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

This is a book that presents the point of view of view that too many people who are not disabled are being paid, and has some reform suggestions.

I personally take the position that the system is so bad that, while a lot of people who are not disabled are being paid, at the same time a lot of people who are disabled are not being paid.

Disabled by Uncle Sam James M. Taylor, Facilitating Fraud. Cato Institute, 1000 Massachusetts Avenue N.W., Washington, D.C. 20001.

Changes must be made to the Social Security Disability Insurance (SSDI) program, argues Taylor, managing editor of Accommodating Disabilities Business Management Guide. SSDI consumes 14 percent of the Social Security budget, paying out $57 billion in 1999 to persons allegedly so disabled they could not work.

Anonymous

Posted on Thursday, July 28, 2005 - 10:16 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I know a person turned down twice by Social Security because of back problems. the third time she is approved because she was found to be functionally Illiterate and she would not be capable of reading or writing even simple messages.
However after being approved she goes to college for 2 years and has A and B grades. Files her own court papers and send over 100 emails and staeys before a judge in family court that she is not functionally Illiterate What is the best way to report this

Anonymous

Rating: 

Posted on Monday, August 01, 2005 - 8:41 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Not taking into account the obstacles one must go through to get disability, I don't see how it matters so much if someone works, or you see someone doing work, and claiming ssdi. Under ssdi one can work. (aside from sheer fraud) There are many things in place to work, so long as they are paying taxes, and reporting that work.

It is after all that person's decision. They should know a review will come into play, and they will have to justify working.

Anonymous

Posted on Monday, August 01, 2005 - 8:53 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

For anon 2 posts up.

There is clearly something going on, but often things are not what they appear to be.

That is acutally in her favor to go to college, as it would 100% "cure" her disability. If she is still claiming that alone, and not "another" disability? (turned down twice for back problems)?

One semester of anyone passing a college level course, even with a D, or even getting into college for that matter is proof enough.

Anonymous

Posted on Sunday, June 12, 2005 - 2:44 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi, This is my second post.. I would like to know the best way to report someone that is on Disability and is NOT DISABLED at all.. Our family has seen many instances where she works all day, cutting grass, lifting heavy objects, moving heavy stones.Climbing on her roof to make repairs.. If someone is able to do all this then how can they receive a monthly $800.00 disablity check.. I know this because I know her well.. It is not fair that others that have true illness cannot receive disablity. Is there anyway of reporting her without her finding out who did it.. I am a relative and would upset alot of people if they found out I did it.. Any Advice!!

Anonymous

Posted on Monday, May 30, 2005 - 1:35 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

what can I do? I have an incredible and lenghy story.. basically fraud . This person finally won S.S. dis. out of persistance.Arms don't work.Then with the retro payout ..about 35,000 buys a Harley. Thats only 5% of the story.The S.S. fraud hot line actually got mad at me for telling them this.I guess it ends?

Paul McChesney (Admin)
Board Administrator

Post Number: 1233

Posted on Saturday, July 02, 2005 - 9:44 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Anonymouses: It is frustrating to me how little the Administration is doing to follow up on this sort of fraud. It costs us all a lot of money, and hurts the credibility and reputation of those who are really disabled, and, by the way, the reputation of lawyers who represent the disabled.

You have to be sure of your facts, of course. There are a lot of people who do not look disabled, or who can do a certain amount of work, but cannot maintain employment because of conditions that are not obvious to the eye, or are intermittent.

If you are concerned about liability for wrongfully reporting someone, and you should be, you should talk to a lawyer about that problem before reporting anyone.

The Administration has the following ways to report fraud:

The SSA Internet site has a
SSA Public Fraud Reporting Page, and some guidelines for reporting fraud.

You can fax in a fraud report to 410-597-0118, or call it in at 1-800-269-0271 between 10:00 a.m. and 4:00 p.m. Eastern Standard Time; if you are deaf use TTY: 1-866-501-2101.

If you get an uncooperative person on the phone you might try hanging up and calling again; you will almost certainly get a different operator, and finally a helpful one.

That all looks pretty on paper, but as you have said, the reality is that the Administration is doing little to actually follow up on these cases. If that does not work, you can try contacting a newspaper in your area, or organizing some sort of campaign to fund the Social Security Inspector General's office so they can hire more agents, which will cost a little but save a lot in the long run.

As a long shot that probably won't work, you might try the GAO Fraud Reporting Webpage. The GAO, or General Accounting Office, is independent of the Administration, and directly under the Congress, and so is more designed for reporting fraud within the Administration itself.

If anyone is reading this is drawing a check and working under the table, or drawing a check and is not disabled, you should be aware that, though the law is only erratically enforced, the penalties are life shattering, it is enforced in fits and starts now, and well might be enforced vigorously in the future, at which point merely stopping the illegal activity will not be enough to get you out of serious trouble. You live night and day with a sword hanging over your head, suspended by a thread. Will it fall? I don't know but I know that if you have any capacity for reflection it should haunt your dreams.

Abuses like this tend to grow until those in power are forced to say, "enough" and do something that stops the abuse. Until that happens, foolish people look around and see others committing fraud without getting punished and assume they never will be. If the Inspector General's office is funded to investigate fraud vigorously in 2009, it will be too late to quit then; you are headed to the big house.

(Message edited by admin on July 02, 2005)

Anonymous

Posted on Tuesday, June 07, 2005 - 5:15 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hello, I know of a person who has been collecting disability and is not disabled.. I know for a fact because she is a relative. We have seen her digging holes for fences, climbing on roofs to do repairs, hauling bricks,etc.etc.etc.She works harder than most men I know.. I want to report her, but do not want her to find out. Do you have any advice??

Paul McChesney (Admin)
Board Administrator

Post Number: 1291

Posted on Tuesday, July 05, 2005 - 8:42 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Please see the above posts for suggestions on what you might do. The process is frustrating and unrewarding.

Fred B. Yard (Unregistered Guest)
Unregistered guest

Posted on Friday, August 05, 2005 - 9:47 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I know of an individual who for the past 7 or 8 years has drawn the full amount of ss disability while operating his own construction business. He does it all-estimates, purchases, loads and hauls the materials, does all the construction work. In my opinion, he should go to jail. How can I report him and remain anonymous? Thank you.

paula barnes (Unregistered Guest)
Unregistered guest

Posted on Tuesday, August 23, 2005 - 9:08 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I am disabled and recieve ssa and ssi. My mother sent me money every month to help me live untill she died last year. Am I in trouble with the ssa for not reporting the money--will I lose my benifits or go to jail?

Anonymous

Posted on Friday, September 23, 2005 - 8:30 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

My current husband was married to a woman who is collecting social security diability for Chrohn's disease. She says that she is unable to work because of stress and that she needs to raise their son. I have a huge problem with the fact that hard working people are out there contributing to her income. I have personally seen her at the gym working out and now i have learned that she is taking tennis lessons every thursday from 830am to 10am. How do I report this? It is very frustrating because she is continuing to sue my husband because she is 100% diabled and needs money for her home. We can't even afford a house and hers is worth over $700,000. Please advise!!!

Anonymous

Posted on Friday, September 23, 2005 - 8:36 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

My current husband was married to a woman who is collecting social security diability for Chrohn's disease. She says that she is unable to work because of stress and that she needs to raise their son. I have a huge problem with the fact that hard working people are out there contributing to her income. I have personally seen her at the gym working out and now i have learned that she is taking tennis lessons every thursday from 830am to 10am. How do I report this? It is very frustrating because she is continuing to sue my husband because she is 100% diabled and needs money for her home. We can't even afford a house and hers is worth over $700,000. Please advise!!!

Paul McChesney (Admin)
Board Administrator

Post Number: 1515

Posted on Saturday, September 24, 2005 - 9:44 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Please see the above posts. Of course you also need to do something in Family Court. Take care.

Anonymous

Posted on Wednesday, January 04, 2006 - 12:06 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

After reading this thread I must say I share your sentiments regarding the rampant disability fraud. It's absolutely sickening to hand over my hard earned money to a lazy bum who is physically able to work but won't. Complaints fall on deaf ears at the SSA office. Their response to my legitimate complaint was "We don't have the manpower to send people in the field to check on claims". Thats odd, they have the manpower to convert a portion of my paycheck to a disability check an make sure a dead beat gets it in his mailbox. It's an unchecked system polluted with fraud. I have three brother-in-laws that receive total disability checks $900-$1400 each per month. They can hunt all day, load huge 4-wheelers in pickup trucks, climb trees and build tree stands, party all night. They can spend an entire day in a bass boat,camp, cut firewood,ect.,ect.,...but can't work, except for cash in their small construction co. of course. They can preform amazing physical feats day and night...but can't work. Their only job is going to the mailbox and retrieving our hard earned money in the form of a disability check. They enjoy the life style of the rich and famous on a smaller scale.
My wife and I each work 40+ hours a week trying to provide the best we can for our children and the government takes our money and hands it to the drunks,drug addicted, lazy bums of this country. If you are physically able to work but refuse, you shouldn't get a dime from the government (our taxed money).
Find you a slick Attorney whose spcialty is disability and you'll be surprized how easy it is. My three brother-in-laws are living proof. The individuals who fradulently get checks are stealing your money...money you could use for food and clothing for your children and improve your life with. They are unchecked government parasites. I have a solution that would open some eyes if you wanted to hear it. Thanks, Taxed2death

Anonymous

Posted on Tuesday, January 10, 2006 - 9:34 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hey- I don't really know where to go with this, but I know a lady who is currently recieving disability and is trying to conjure up a settlement. According to her "doctors" she is legally handicapped and should be in a wheelchair in less than a year. She is told that she can not lift more than 5 pounds. However, I watched as she literally ran in a marathon and watch as she dances regularly for a church group, when she supposibly can't bend because this is all due to a "serious" back injury at work where she broke not one but TWO discs in her back. I have seen her lift huge boxes full of stuff and big tree branches and carry them across the street. I truly don't believe that this woman is even close to handicapped,and since I am actually her daughter I know for a fact that she is bs-ing the entire thing and it completely frustrates me knowing that she is recieving government money to do nothing all day. What do I do? Thank you.

Anonymous

Posted on Wednesday, February 22, 2006 - 8:11 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I know of two people living together each claimin disability as single to recieve more benefits each month and also the woman has recieved a large divorce settlement which she will not be claimin as income......is this legal?

Paul McChesney (Admin)
Board Administrator

Post Number: 1124

Posted on Sunday, March 19, 2006 - 2:33 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

The Administration will write for medicals sometimes, but it's beyond me why there seems to be NO interest in hiring investigators at least where there are complaints. This indifference hurts people who are actually disabled as much as it hurts the taxpayer.

Mon Petite Vulcan (Unregistered Guest)
Unregistered guest

Posted on Thursday, March 02, 2006 - 3:42 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I wanted to know how to go about reporting someone who is drawing disabilty for having OCD and doesn't show signs of it...AT ALL who could I contact in california.. The person is about 20 and lives at home still....theyre more of a lazy person and decides that eating fries a few at a time and straightening up alot makes her and Obseesive compulsive... Well.. I guess that's all i ask..Thanks.

Henry G. (Unregistered Guest)
Unregistered guest

Posted on Saturday, March 11, 2006 - 9:07 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

A note to Non Petite Vulcan: The person who collects disability benefits for OCD could be more disabled than you think. The criteria are "obsessions AND/OR compulsions" , meaning you could have one OR the other OR both. So the beneficiary could have just the obsessive thoughts and meet the functioning limitations to qualify under the adult listing of anxiety disorders. Alternatively, the beneficiary could have OCD that results in a mental RFC for "less than unskilled work." Also, there could be additional mental disorders in addition to the OCD that contribute to the disability. These are some ideas to keep in mind. There is a chance that the person is not faking.

Anonymous

Posted on Thursday, March 02, 2006 - 2:55 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

SS, DOESN'T CARE IF U R COMMITTING FRAUD,THEY WON'T DO ANYTHING, THEY SHOULD WORK LIKE WORKMANS COMP..THEY REALLY STOP FRAUD. DOESN'T OR SHOULDN'T SS CHECK UP ON THE PERSONS GETTING BENEFITS ONCE IN AWHILE, LIKE EVERY 3 YEARS OR SO,CHECKING WITH DOCTORS AND SUCH? I IMAGINE THAT THEY GET 1000'S OF REPORTS DAILY. THE FRAUD REPORTING SITE FOR SOCIAL SECURITY IS MOSTLY FOR FRAUDULANT DOCTORS AND SUCH THAT ARE RIPPING THE MEDICARE PROGRAM OFF.I KNOW 2 PEOPLE WHO DOESN'T DESERVE BENIFITS THEY GO TO THE LAKE AND TAN AND HAVE FUN, THEY ARE AS HEATHLY AS CAN B,,IT MAKES ME MAD TOO,.. MY HUSBAND WORKED BESIDE SOMEONE WHO GOT 1200 A MONTH, AND WAS BEING PAID 10$ HOURLY CASH, WHILE MY HUSBAND WORK HIS BUTT OF FOR THE SAME 10$ BUT HAD TAXES TAKEN OUT, IT MADE HIM SO MAD THAT HEE JUST COULDN'T HANDLE WORKING WITH HIM ANYMORE,, I WISH SOMETHING COULD B DONE, HEY, LETS ALL APPLY FOR SS, AND WORK UNDER THE TABLE? GOOD IDEA? THANKS FOR LISTENING... ELLEN

NOONE (Unregistered Guest)
Unregistered guest

Rating: 

Posted on Thursday, March 02, 2006 - 3:01 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

SOME SICK PEOPLE HAVE BAD DAYS AND GOOD DAYS,,, JUST BECAUSE SOMEONE IS SICK, DO THERE LIVES HAVE TO TOTALLY STOP? I KNOW THAT THERE IS A LOT OF DISABLE PEOPLE,AND SOME WORSE THAN OTHERS. BEFORE U MAKE A REPORT MAKE SURE THAT U KNOW WHATS WHAT! THATS WHY SS GETS UPSET, BECAUSE THEY GET LOTS OF CALLS AND THE CALLER CAN'T TELL THEM WHERE, WHEN , WHO, AND WHAT? GATHER UP VALUABLE INFO FIRST, U HAVE TO KNOW WHAT YOUR TALKING ABOUT, NOT JUST I KNOW SOMEONE WHO IS SUPPOSE TO B SICK AND I SAW THEM AT THE STORE THE OTHER DAY BUYING A BAG OF FRENCH FRIES!

NONE (Unregistered Guest)
Unregistered guest

Posted on Thursday, March 02, 2006 - 3:08 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

HERES A SOLUTION...IF A PERSON REPORTS FRAUD AND HAS GOOD EVIDENCE, THEN THAT PERSON SHOULD GET THE FRAUDS CHECK FOR 1 MONTH, THAT PAYS THE MANPOWER AND CANCELLS OUT YEARS OF CHECKS THAT WOULD OF WENT OUT TO THE FRAUD. MAYBE WRITTIN TO THE CONGRESSMAN OR SOMETHING? I DON'T KNOW, SEEMS LIKE NO ONE WANTS TO LISTEN? BABY BOOMERS IS COMING UP,, THERE WILL NOT B ANY SS FOR MY KIDS, THATS FOR SURE, WE ARE PAYING FOR PEOPLE RECIEVEING TODAY, NOT PAYING IN OUR OWN ACCOUNT..

deb miller (Unregistered Guest)
Unregistered guest

Posted on Wednesday, March 29, 2006 - 10:23 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

how can a person recive a70,000 .00 workmens comp settelment and get over $1,000.00 a month disabilty check and work for cash at the same time ?i thought if a preson was 100% disabled they could not work. is it legal to pay a person under the table ?

Dan C (Unregistered Guest)
Unregistered guest

Posted on Saturday, April 01, 2006 - 3:07 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

For some reason I can;t post

Anonymous

Posted on Sunday, April 09, 2006 - 6:30 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I have a relative who is 24. When her welfare term limits were about to expire(she has had many jobs in the past but quits when she doesn't get her way; she has never been fired) she applied for disability. She got a doctor to diagnose her as bipolar (she isn't - I lived with her for four years and as a social worker I know true bipolar disorder) because her mother and brother both are bipolar. She does nothing all day but spends every weekend at the clubs, even "working" the door (taking tickets, etc.) for cash. She is clearly capable of working but doesn't want to. She also "works" under the table doing promotion for the club/various concerts. Interesting, esp. since the letter her doctor wrote to SSA said she was incapable of working directly with people. I am sick of seeing her abuse the system this way and am afraid she will stay on disability forever. Can I report her? Is there any chance she could lose her benefits?

Anonymous

Posted on Monday, April 17, 2006 - 3:40 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I have recently reported a mother who receives a disability check for her son.. the problem is... she hasn't had her son for the past 9 years... he has been in and out of group and foster homes...she doesn't see anything wrong with accepting these checks and not spending a single dime on her son... she doesn't even visit him.. At the present time the child is in a hospital in a mental ward admitted by the foster parents. The people who have the child deserve the money not the mother..... HELP

humax ir-ace pin
Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Action:

Administration Administration Log Out Log Out  
humax ir-ace pin
This site is maintained by Paul McChesney, an attorney who has been practicing disability law for around 25 years in North and South Carolina.

If the subject of disability is important to you, or if you want to find out more about us, you should explore the rest of this site. To do so, go to our homepage, Carolina-disability.com.

Please don't take anything on this site as legal advice! Nor should you take any action, or fail to take any action, based on any communication provided through this site. Before doing that, it would be wise to sit down and talk to an attorney in his or her office. Please also see our disclaimer at this link: Disclaimer. We want to be as helpful as we can be on a website; please thank us by doing this.